Friday, February 18, 2011

Running thru life.... When I ask you to do good..

So for anyone who knows my husband and I,  you will know that our dog is our child.   Shortly after getting Clemson our parenting skills kicked in.  We decided instead of scolding him when he does something wrong we will used saying to promote a positive attitude all the time.  (We have found when we give him praise and motivation- we do not have to scold him nearly as much!)

So some of them are..."That is not a good choice Clemson."   "We need to make good choices."  "You need to reach your full potential" "bad decision," "Big boys make good decisions, etc"

But my favorite actually comes from my husband....

"When I ask you to do good... I want to inspire you to do GREAT!"

I absolutely love this quote because I relate to it.

"I WANT TO INSPIRE YOU TO DO GREAT!!!"

This is a quote that I can use in every aspect of my life.  So I decided this morning to sit down and reflect how to apply this to every aspect of my life.

- Work
I am currently the only full time midwife at my work meaning that my clinics are booked to the max, and I rarely get lunch or get to sit down, so for me to do GREAT I need to keep myself educated.  This is easily for me to do since I work at a teaching hospital with residents.  I ask to be included on their weekly topic discussions since I am not always able to go to rounds in the morning. 

Home
- Spend more time with my puppy!!  Support my husband during school (This is probably the hardest for me because I am gone anywhere from 12-13 hours each day- then get home and have to make dinner, take the trash out, pay the bills, take care of puppy, and let not forget RUN, etc- but I am trying to make it work)

Social life
-After the holidays were over we have a weekend or two of nothingness which was awesome but it is important to keep social so we have loaded our social calendar again.  YEAH!!!  I have also joined a book club and am looking in to some additional options. 

Health
- I am pushing myself with my running schedule, increasing the water I have been drinking, and making healthier food decisions on my part.  Do not get me wrong... some days I totally am not in to it- but I have to remind myself that I am worth it and I am doing it for my health!

Family
- With a couple recent events with out families we have realized how important it is to spend time with your family because we often take them for granted since they are both so close.  We have scheduled to do something with each of our families for the up coming month. 

When I ask myself to go good... I want to inspire myself to go great!

No comments:

Post a Comment