Sunday, February 6, 2011

Running Thru Life- Saving your Wedding Dress

Saving your wedding dress.

 So I got married almost two years ago in May.
 I loved my dress so much!!!!
 I ended up buying it off line and it worked out perfect!!!  
It was me in every way. 

After the wedding I was torn as what to do with it.  I had spent months look for it.
Give it away, sell it, keep it, etc.
So after ALOT of research I decided to have it cleaned and persevered.
My mom also really pushed me to do this since she did not and has regretted it.   
I looked into the local cleaners for this and they wanted almost what the dress cost to clean it. 

Each company had different packages based on what you wanted clean/preserved.  Both had good reviews but I found Affordable Preservation had better reviews.  I also chose Affordable Preservation because I ended up having my wedding dress, my veil, and my garter placed in the box.  My package was $149 dollars at the time which included 500 dollar insurance on my dress (which is more than I paid for it),  the cleaning and preserving of my dress and up to 3 other items. 
WedClean ended up being a little bit pricer if you wanted to add the items like the veil and garter, they also did not include insurance and you had to pay extra for it.

There is a three step process for both companies. 
1) Order
2) Ship your dress (They send you all the items that you need and a prepared for UPS package) I received a big box in the mail with everything inside it that I would need to ship off my wedding dress. 
It came with stickers that I used to identify any stains, and then separate bag for each article of clothing (obviously a big bag for my wedding dress itself).  Then you place everything in the pre-address/prepaid box .  (They even give you take to take the box shut).  Then I dropped it off at the UPS store. 
I was given a tracking number so I could track where my dress is at all times... which I did. 

3)Receive your gown in 4-6 wks.
I received mine in about 6 weeks.  
Here is how my dress came

The box now is in my closet....  I just loved my dress and now I can look at it whenever I want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment