Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 1- Running while Managing Wegmans

Tonight I will have to do one of my least favorite things in the world- GO TO THE GROCERY STORE. 
This may cause some people to laugh.... but I hate it!  Maybe because it is normally never a quick trip and our grocery store (while it is the best grocery store ever- WEGMANS) is huge!!!  So overwhelming!!  So much stimuli.  Furthermore, I have learned never to send Joe to the grocery store- 1) He will not get everything 2) He will come home with things we do not need 3) The bill is ridiculous when he goes (He is not a sale or coupon shopper like me). 

However, we are participating in a neighborhood progressive dinner on Satuarday-
so I can not avoid this trip.  (Future Post on Progressive Dinners). 


So tonight I will come home- get my run on for about 45-60 minutes (anywhere from 5-7 miles) and then have to hurry of to the grocery store.   As far as time management goes- going to our grocery store in the evenings is key- that is why I will take time to do my run before my Wegman's trip.  If you go at dinner time during the week or on the weekends plan the trip to be 20-30 minutes longer on average because of parking, general store congestion, etc.  (Yes, I have actually timed this).   I also find that Wegmans is more likley to be out of things on the weekends because of such the high volume of people.

So tonight it must be-  but I have a plan.  It is important to have a plan when walking in to Wegmans- because you can get sucked in.  I have my list!  I have found a list is the most important thing!  I am fortuante to have an app for my DROID... aka... my brain...  for grocery shopping so I can make a list through out the week and then I have it when I go.  

 

My coupon book is already in my purse as it goes everywhere with me, and my reuseable Wegmans bags are sitting in my car.    (Important Note-  Wegmans often sends out coupons for their reuseable bags.  We have a totaly of 8 right now.  2 we initially purchased for 99 cents each in our effort to be more green, 2 were freebies from events we went to, 2 were gifts from people (1 is a breast cancer one- I am a midwife, and 1 recieved as a wedding with goodies in it) and the other 2 were free because of my wegmans coupons.  The bags are awesome, enviornmently friendly, and hold way more stuff than a normal plastic or paper bag. 





I AM READY..... BRING IT ON RUNNING AND WEGMANS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment