Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pinterest Success- Happy Valentine's Day


Let me start by saying I am not one of those mom's.
One of those mom's that is crafty and spending large amount of time doing crafts either with or for their children.  

That being said I was looking something easy and inexpensive to do for Valentine's Day of all the family...
Enter Pinterest.  
I have had a couple successes and a couple of Failures...
and over all this was a success.


I purchased a 10 pack of canvas at Jo-Ann Fabrics.
It was on sale for $20 and then I had a 50% coupon
so it was 10 dollars.
Already had the red paint and the brushes.  

Then my husband helped me and this was a saving grace.
I think this would have been impossible to do on my own.  

At first we thought just having him place his food in paint would be the best idea but after the first one we discover the painting his foot with a brush worked better.

We did all the left feet first and let them dry,
then all the right feet.

Then one day during his nap I painted the rest.

All and all they turned out well and are very cute.
(Also a very inexpensive way to document footprints and hands.)  

We did a couple with his hand as the letter "O" in LOVE, 
and then painted the L---VE.  
I forgot to take a picture of this but they turned well also.
We found painting the hand with a paint brush also worked better for this.

Well Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment