Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Goodbye To a Friend



Last Sunday marked a special day that I will always remember-
Sending my hospital grade pump back to the hospital.
I had it rented for 9 months and I was ready for it to go.
It was a sign that my time pumping was coming soon.  


Thanks to some advice from some friends and also lactation consultants that I work with,
I went home from the hospital with a pump
and it was the smartest thing I did.  
After being admitted to the ICU and then going thru a difficult two weeks
with Collin not wanting to nurse and just wanting a bottle, 
I was so happy to have this.

It was because of this pump that up to this point Collin
has received nothing but breastmilk when it comes to his
liquid intake.



Yes I could have extended the pump to keep me going for the whole first year,
but I have a Ameda portable pump that I use at work that I received thru 
my insurance which has worked great.
Now that I am only pumping 3-4 times a day, it did not seem necessary, 
especially since I hope to be done pumping by the end of January/Beginning of Feburary.  
I have about a months worth of breast milk saved and I will be transitioning him to whole milk a week or two before his first birthday as we are going on a trip and do not want to worry about carrying breast milk with us.  


Goodbye Breast Pump...
It has been nice knowing you....
NOT!!!

I had to get some pictures so that I can show Collin when he is acting up to remind him of all that I did for him =0)



No comments:

Post a Comment