Sunday, April 14, 2013

Getting back on the Horse


Or the treadmill....

I have been dying to run.  
I had to stop running around 28-30 weeks because it was just too uncomfortable.  
So I starting walking at a 4.0 speed at 10 incline which proved to be a good workout.  
I did this for 45-60 minutes at least 4 times a week up until I was induced.  
I am convience this is why I only gained 22 pounds this pregnancy and why almost all that weight is gone already.  While the weight is almost gone, my body is just different- 
aka the weight is in different places now.  
I am motivated to get back in shape!

I started running almost 7 years ago when I starting planning our wedding and when I was working at a private practice which was the most stress I have ever had to deal with.  
At that point, I could not even run a mile!  
Now I have run in multiple long distance races and basically loved it!  
Running is my outlet and I get frustrated when I can't do it.  

That being said the last couple weeks have been hard because my body just did not bounce back as soon as I WANTED IT TO.  Because of the Pre- Eclampsia I was still on blood pressure medication and still not feeling the greatest for the first three weeks postpartum.  
Week 4 felt alot better and I took 40-60 minute walks at least 6 times that week.   
So last week, being week 5 postpartum, I told myself it was time to get back on the horse- aka the treadmill.  I decided to start on the treadmill for two reasons.  
1)I can control my speed and distance and stop if I need to.
2) I can do this while Collin is sleeping- thanks to our wonderful Foscam I can put him on the TV and watch him on the montior while I listen to music.  

So Monday morning after feeding Collin at 6:30 and putting him back down to bed.  I jumped on the treadmill and ran at 5.0 speed for 36 minutes- 3 miles.  It felt great!  Though I am going to have to get a new running bra- =0)  Yes it was slow but I was doing it which is what mattered.

So Tuesday I decided to do the same thing-  6:30-8 am instead of going back to bed after feeding Collin I was going to have Laura time and run.  At least for the next couple of weeks I am going to make this my routine.  I find that having a routine, makes me stick to it!  

So here is to getting back on the treadmill.... and hopefully running a half marathon soon in the near future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment