Tuesday, October 16, 2012

OMG.... Baby Stuff

I will be the first to state that there are many many many wonderful things about being the “last one on the block” to be pregnant because for the most part you can rely on your friends for recommendations.  Child care has already been picked out, pediatrician as well and thank you because it took all of 1 day to get both nailed down!  
Now bring on the flood of baby stuff. 
This is one thing I have anxiety about! 
I am not a stuff person. 
If you know me I hate clutter and stuff that you don’t use. 
 So when I made it to 12 weeks, I walked into Babies R Us by myself and just kind of stood there.  Felt nauseous at the sight of it and quickly exited the building. 
For the most part, I really do not care about baby stuff- it is baby stuff and in my mind you do not need all that they tell you you need.  I refused to get sucked in.   I am not the woman who has everything planned down to what pack n play I needed or what the nursery is going to look like prior to even trying to conceive. 
This is just not my thing! 
Though I will say now, I am looking forward to making the nursery because I Joe and my friends are so excited to help me =0)
So at 14 weeks when Joe and I started to look for Cribs- I got Joe to come with me to Buy Buy Baby.  Very overwhelming. 
I told him we were only spending 1 hour in the store and we are just looking and taking it all in because I am having anxiety already about this process.   It was still overwhelming but I found humor in Joe.  Particularly the fact that he really cares about what type of stroller we get- to the point that I pretty much have very little say in it- even down to the color.  LOVE IT!  One less thing I have to have an opinion on.    I was also amazed on how much of an opinion he had since I really am mentally not there yet. 
Furthermore, I am amazed at how generous my friends are being. 
So being the last kid on the block, I have friends who are getting rid of their baby stuff or just had surplus from the 1st baby.  I went to tell one of my best friends that I am pregnant and came home with a car full of baby stuff, and there is more, I just could not fit any more in the trunk.  CRAZY!!!! 
I will not need to register for a swing, a bouncer, a tub, a boppy, an ergobaby infant insert, books gallor, and much more!   Yes we have two swings but I am thinking either one for the mail level and then one for the upper level or we can take one to my parents house so when we visit one less thing to worry about. 

 When I brought all the stuff home, Joe and I just stood there and stared at it for a while.
Yeah this will be our new world! 
Then we proceeded to turn everything on and watch Clemson reaction. 
For the most part he just sniffed and then seems disinterested which we both were happy with. 

Fortunately, our parents also kept things from our childhood like all the books that Joe has ever read, his high chair, 3 of my yellow childhood handmade blankets, outfits, toys, etc. 

Then comes the obvious question of where to register and what to register for......  
Any suggestions????

No comments:

Post a Comment