Monday, July 9, 2012

Mid-Year Review

You may remember that I published some 2012 life goals for myself in January.  
Well since it is now July, I thought it would be a good time to reflect upon them and see how I was doing.

New Year 2012 Goals

  1. Embrace a healthier lifestyle
    1. Eliminate sweets
    2. Limit to 1 alcohol drink a week- At first this was hard but now but now piece of cake!
    3. Increase vegetables and fruits We have pretty much cut out as much processed foods as we can and are eating more fruits and veggies
    4. Decrease carbs and increase protein
    5. Continue to take multivitamin and calcium supplements
    6. Lose 5 pounds. -  So far I have lost 3 1/2 which is great!
  2. Exercise more
    1. Participate either in a Marathon or a Tri- I was entered to run a Marathon a couple week prior to my getting in to an accident and being re-ended and having a lumbar strain.  So following doctors orders I did not... well there is always this fall?
    2. Make time for exercise at least 4 times a week  Pretty much running 3-5 miles 3-4 times a week and walking Clemson at least two miles a day
    3. Try to incorporate stretching and yoga into running routine. -  Attempted Yoga and failed- I hated it, but I do regular core and stretching exercises now.
  3. Broaden my cooking
    1. Attempt 1 new recipe ever 2 weeks.   We are trying 1 new recipe every week!
    2. Update recipe book
  4. Broaden my knowledge
    1. Read at least 3 books a month- trying to pick 1 fiction, 1 non-fiction, and 1 medical.
    2. Keep a spread sheet of books you have read
  5. Spend more time with others
    1. Keep date night regularly with hubby
    2. See friends and family as much as possible  We have been so busy this year that I am actually looking forward to the month of July when we don't have much scheduled. 
  6. Be financial smart
    1. You the want vs need system to help eliminate unnecessary purchases
    2. Decreasing eating out
    3. Use gift cards- We have used most of them but still have some left over
    4. Put $X to savings each month
    5. Put $X each month into investments
  7. Travel
    1. ENJOY LIFE!!!!! 



Now some Goals that I have added since then:
8.  Mangage Work Life better.
9.  Say NO to Drama!   
10.  Stop worrying about thing that can't change
11.  Be yourself.  

Now these goals are more personal stuff that is not measurable like the ones above but I have found since both Joe and I have started encorporating these into our lives, we feel better.   


Have you met all your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment