Monday, April 23, 2012

Man's Work

Joe and I have been putting on power washing/stealing and staining our french for a while now.  
We know that we needed to do it but knew that is was going to be a long project.  
Our fence is huge because we have an end unit and our deck is bigger because we have walk down stairs.  
Not my idea of fun.

That being said Joe on Friday quickly finished his homework and spent the rest of his day off power washing.  I was not home for this so I missed all the fun- shucks!
We purchased a TROY-BILT Power Washer last fall when they were on clearance for the end of the summer.




I think this is something that we pay off considering we have needed to borrow a power washer at least 3 times since we have been in our house.

Saturday, we got up and I ended up going for a long run with Clemson while Joe went to work on Stealing/Staining.  We ended up picking a Terra Cota color because to be honest it was the only color we both liked.  We ended up getting a Semi Transparent Premium Behr Stain that the gentleman at HomeDepot stated would last for 6 years- my hope is at least 3-4.   


We thought the red would look nice with the brick house and it would also look nice with our patio red accents.

Joe worked all day on it while I planted and did other things in the yard.  By the end of the day most of the deck was done.






Sunday morning, we got up bright and early again.
Joe went to staining/stealing while I put stuff back on the deck, and planted our veggies.

It is done and I am so glad, but also it looks great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment