Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Runnign thru life... Tax Season

Last year I blogged about my filing system for keeping our Taxes organized.

This year I added a step.

I made a spreadsheet, which is shared in Dropbox so it can be edited on either computer in our house, to organize our deductions.  As you remember the front pocket is normally where I stick deductions so every 2 or 3 months I would just sit down and add any new ones to the spreadsheet.

Since now it is tax season, I just printed it off and add it to my tax paper to insure that I stay organized and do not miss a deduction.
Then I placed everything in the correct piles:

W2s
1099 INTs
1099 DIVs
1099 Rs
House related forms
Forms for Joe school
Deductions
Work deductions.

I find that this helps me to complete a section or two and then take a mini break.
Once I am done I have my hubby just quickly go thru everything as two sets of eyes are always better than one, and then we submitted both State and Federal electronically!
Totally worth it- not having to go to the Post Office!


Of note- I hate taxes but they are officially done! 

Happy Taxing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment