Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Running Thru Life..... Managing Guests

I love having people visit us.
I know from when I travel sometimes it can be hard being away from your house.
You miss the little things or you forget things at home when you travel.
Because of this I have made a routine whenever we have guests (as we did last weekend).

Step One:
Making sure they have everything they need


 
Towels are out in the bathroom clean and waiting for them.
Bed is clean and made.  Extra blanket is out.  Fan is available.  
Guest room is clean.

Step 2: The little things.
I make sure that I have available little things that they might have forgotten.


In a basket in the bathroom I place shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, soap, etc.



Under the guestroom bathroom, I have extra razors, toothbrushes, and a hairdryer. 

Friday morning my friend woke up and stated "I need to run to Wegmans, I forgot my razor."  
My answer "Look under the sink, there are extras'"
SWEET!!!

I actually stock pile most of this stuff from hotels we have been at on trips, 
freebees like the razors, etc.  


I like that my friends refer to our house as "Hotel Laura." 
After all if you are going to be away from home you still want to feel a little at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment