Sunday, May 8, 2011

Running thru life... Patio 6

Patio furniture is here!!

I had my eyes on a set at Target but it was just too big for our small area where we wanted to put that patio.  
So my hubby and I were just thinking about getting two chairs and a table from the same set at Target.  However, the two chairs are not offered in the stores and it does not qualify for free shipping so while both chairs were only $300 when you added shipping and tax it was close to $450.  That was just too much for two chairs (we were also thinking about eventually getting a side table and an ottoman).

I was very upset when I discovered this.  
So I got on my computer last night with Joe on a mission to find something. 
Most importantly because Joe has some time this weekend to help me get it and put it together.  

I checked Target.... nothing
I checked Home Depot... nothing
I checked WorldMarket... nothing
I check Lowes... nothing
I checked Walmart (which should tell you how desparate I was).... nothing
Then something told me to check Bed, Bath, and Beyond... Success

BBB had a set comprised of two wicker chairs (cushions included), two ottomans, and a table.  
 It was 399.  However, I had a 20% coupon which made the total $around 320.  
Joe and I had two Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards we have been saving one since last summer and one since the holiday totally 100 so we owed about 220... 240+ after tax.  Not too bad!
(Especially considering the Target chairs, ottoman, and table would have cost us $600+).

  After about 1 hr of Joe assembly, here is the finished project.  I will have to find some decorative pilliows.  
Joe and I are very happy with the results.   =0)
We broke them in last night with my little bro and his girlfriend.


No comments:

Post a Comment